Did you know there are NEW Indiana State Minimum Auto Insurance Limits that went into effect in July 2017.
As of today, the Indiana State Minimum Insurance Limits are:
- Minimum Bodily Injury Liability: $25,000 each person/$50,000 each accident
- Minimum Split Liability Limits for un/underinsured motorist: $25,000 each person/$50,000 each accident
- NEW Minimum Property Damage Liability limit: $25,000 (previously $10,000)
- NEW Minimum Combined Single Limit of Liability: $75,000 (previously $60,000)
- NEW Minimum Combined Single Limit of Liability for un/underinsured motorists: $75,000 (previously $60,000)
We recommend liability limits far above the Indiana state insurance requirements and encourage purchasing an umbrella policy for additional liability protection against lawsuits.
What will your insurance company do? If you do not meet these limits, the insurance carrier “should” automatically increase those limits and increase premium accordingly. However, you should always review your insurance Declarations document (coverage summary) to verify coverage, vehicles, drivers, address, and more.
#Indiana Auto Insurance Limits